Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

As a classroom teacher, Valentine's Day was my favorite to celebrate in the classroom. There was always so much excitement as my students brought in their valentines to share, participated in the fun valentine activities, and then discovered all of the goodies in their valentine bags! I couldn't imagine NOT experiencing that this year. I didn't want my children missing out! So...we had our very own Valentine Party at our house! We invited our fellow homeschooling friends and had a blast!

I couldn't help but get into teacher mode as I began organizing the party (one of my favorite things to do). We had centers set up throughout the house...cookie decorating, craft center, BINGO, bag decorating...even playdoh and coloring for the little ones! We had story time too. Boy, did I have fun! Fortunately, my children did too! :) My sister and nephews were able to come too! Here are a few pictures from our fun day!

No comments: