Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Loving Being Home

So, I called M at work yesterday and said, "Have I told you how happy I am being at home?" I know without a doubt that God has called me to be at home with my children. I am having a BALL! And I'm getting a lot done around the house! Go figure! It is fun for M to come home and look around to see what crazy little task I have gotten accomplished that particular day. :)

Today a few of the tasks included changing sheets and sweeping and mopping the floors. Little B is SUCH a big help! In order to make Z's bed, I have to climb up the ladder and "sit" on his bed. Of course Little B wanted to "help" me. She climbed right on up, sat down across from me, and said, "I have special time with you." :) That is what A calls just sitting with me on my bed and talking. I asked, "What do you want to do during our special time?" She laid on her back and said, "Um.......Um.......sing songs with you!" How could I resist? Later while I was sweeping in the hallway, she squeezed by me and said, "Excuse me!" I asked her if I was in her way. She replied, "Just a little bit." My days are filled with special conversations like this!

Little B LOVES to play in the water in the sink! She was making a birthday cake here...

...and washing with BUBBLES here!

The boys are enjoying VBS this week. They are learning about Jonah! We are so blessed to attend an amazing church where the boys have many friends with whom they learn about Jesus! I am so proud of their desire to memorize their verses and tell others about what they have learned each day.

Many of you know about the devastating fire that we had near Chico. Many families lost homes. It has been a very hard time for many. Little B asks to pray for the fire every time we pray. And the boys ask what we can do to help. M has had many curious customers the last few days asking about fire safes. Please pray for him to be a light in his store!

No comments: