Monday, July 14, 2008

Back to Normal?

What a crazy week! Little B had her surgery last Thursday and has just bounced right back! (I wanted to include a picture from right before her surgery. You will notice the wagon in the background that she VERY happily was wheeled away in.) Her voice is much higher and she is talking twice as much, but other than that things seem to be back to normal. What is normal anyway? :)

Today the kids were playing and playing and playing. We are so desperately trying to conserve gas, so we decided to stay home all day - except for a bikeride to Daddy's store to take him a homemade lunch. So, my children came up with ALL sorts of fun for themselves:

While I was sweeping and mopping, we put all of our chairs and stools in the entryway...hey, wouldn't that be a perfect place to set up a fort for our club? Z read the agenda for the day, "And today at 11 o'clock we will be celebrating National Nap Appreciation Day." Yes, he was making it up as he went along.


While I was giving B her "yucky" medicine, she decided to sticker herself and make funny faces. The boys followed her lead and made their own funny faces.


We played with cars, trains, bikes, and baseballs. Can you believe that we only had a few squabbles? And that was all over a few train pieces. Z was not willing to share (I didn't blame him) and B thought that it was nice to share! :)

We even had a dance party! I will attempt to post the video...what a kick in the pants! I realize that I say each of the kids' names on the video...I just choose to not have them in print. :)

On our bike ride, I had to stop rather abruptly at one point. My sweet A usually rides pretty close to me because we are "bike buddies" and bike buddies stick together A always says! Anyway, after we stopped A said, "Wow! I did not know that you were going to stop so suddenly!" Then he paused for a bit, "That was completely unexpected!" Another pause, "Well, I guess life is like that!" I love to experience A's serious conversations!



While doing all of these fun activities, we were also potty training! Little B went potty on the toilet many times throughout the day...she even went poo poo in the potty! (Her first time!) I do have to add that she also went potty on the floor a few times...not fun, but part of the process, right?



My amazing husband missed out on all of this fun because he was working hard for our family at the store. I am a blessed woman! When he arrived home this evening, we greeted him in the driveway, arms waving, voices shouting! Then we had to show him our dance party video! He was very impressed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled to know B. bounced back from surgery so quickly. Aren't kids wonderful?
Julie in San Diego

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Hilarious Dance Jig! Loved It!
"Show me your boogie" Ha ha!
And Z's solo --classic!

Also, love A's perspective on life while riding a bike. Smart little cookie!

Good to see you having a great time at home...I think this is a blessing for you to see of what is in store for times to come with homeschooling. I think you will be blessed!
You are a great Mama!