Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ready or Not Here We Go!

Well, the countdown is about to end! I can't believe that we only have one day of summer left. We officially begin our homeschooling adventure on Monday, the 25th. We picked up all of our textbooks 1 1/2 weeks ago. My sweet A said, "Mommy, can we start tomorrow?" I love his enthusiasm! I politely requested that we begin on our actual start date so mommy could get ready. :) Z agreed wholeheartedly. He is not quite ready for his relaxing summer to be over.

Little B keeps saying, "We're having school at home?" "Yes, B, we are having school at home. Won't that be fun?" :) I don't think that she gets the whole idea yet. I pray that she will adapt well as our daily schedule is about to change (A LOT)! :) She wants to have circle time and sing, "Who's at school today?" - a song that she sang daily at preschool last year. That's a great idea! So, my poor fourth grader will be sitting during circle time singing preschool songs...the funny thing is that both boys will love every minute of it!

My prayer requests are that we will settle into a great routine...that B will adjust to having some independent play time...that I will be a blessing to my sons as we spend so much time together...and that the Lord will use this amazing opportunity in our lives!

I had to add a few fun pictures too! Enjoy!

B really likes to wear her brothers' swimming goggles...in the second picture she was trying to make a funny face...after I took the picture she said, "Let me see!" with a huge smile on her face.

B loves to apply lotion...just ask her great grandma...daddy was not too happy about this one, but mommy just had to take a picture! Later we found lotion on the headboard of our bed and on daddy's night stand. :)

I realize that in BOTH of these pictures Z is making the same silly face! :) What a ham!

No comments: