Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Happy Mother's Day...

My husband does such an amazing job in making Mother's Day a special day for me. Last year he surprised me by suggesting a road trip to Grass Valley after church. We had such a great time last year that we decided to do a return trip, but this time invite my wonderful grandparents along for the ride! (Well, it turns out that grandpa drove and we rode.) :) So, we went to early service at church and then headed out shortly after. The drive is a pretty one, but the destination is even better. We arrived and walked around for a little bit until we decided where we wanted to eat. Boy, did we make the right choice! We ate at an amazing restaurant with patio seating and a delicious buffet. A man was outside playing music. It was perfect. We then set out for some more walking and a little shopping. Little B got a pair of sunglasses so that she would not continue to "steal" mine. What a fun start to Mother's Day!

When we returned from Grass Valley, we went to pick up the boys from their "First Mommy's" house. We came home and had a great heart to heart chat. I shared with my wonderful boys how I prayed and prayed for a long time that God would bless me with children. I told them that I couldn't understand why God wasn't answering my prayers more quickly. Then, after many years, I met daddy and you! I then knew why I had to wait so terribly long. I told them how blessed I am to be their mommy. Of course I said this through many, many tears, but they listened anyway and gave me big hugs. After our tearful conversation, Z ran to M with a great idea. I was soon ushered into the house to receive a surprise. My wonderful boys gave me a pedicure! They were so cute! Here are a few pictures from my surprise. Just precious...just like my boys.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So precious Kristi! God answered your prayers so amazingly!
Jen P

Anonymous said...

I am thoroughly enjoying how Michael and you are showing your boys what it means (and how to) treat a woman. From their first mommy, to you, to their lil' B, and those they encounter in life.

A pedicure for their mommy, you, is a great example of such service, humility, love and creativity.

I applaud Michael (and you) for the way you all are training up these amazing, smart, handsome, sensitive boys, soon to be young men.

So glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day!

Love and Shalom, Friend!