Friday, May 8, 2009

May Flowers...

I am really enjoying the act of crossing tasks off of my list as we venture through the month of May. Let's see, Renaissance Fair: check, baseball games: check, and so on. I have a few things still on my list begging to be crossed off. Next on my list is the State Spelling Bee in Sonoma next Saturday. Z and I are heading down a day early to spend some special time at a Scandia Fun Center. Laser Tag anyone? I am also helping out with some of the homeschool testing at Chico Christian School. I am looking foward to helping out!

The last "big" event on my list is Z's Pinocchio performance at Chico Christian School. He will be performing during chapel on Wednesday, May 20th and then again on Thursday evening at 6:30. This is a free show if you are in the area!

A continues to have baseball games so our Saturdays and some weeknights are at the field rooting him on! He is having a lot of fun this year and has improved a lot!

B loves to play outside in the dirt or inside with a coloring book. Her new love is for her three little babies. She wants to take them everywhere. She often has conversations with her babies as we are driving down the road. It is too cute!

M is still riding his bike everywhere. He really enjoys using less gas and burning more calories! I am so proud of him!

I still love my life. Homeschooling was God's best plan for our lives. The boys and I were having a conversation about that yesterday. It was so cute to hear what they have loved about this year. They realize that they are able to do more than they ever could have imagined. Although I love it, I am ready for a break from it all this summer. We will not have lessons, classes, or school work. A few VBS weeks and a week or two at the coast in Brookings. Ahhhh...I'll enjoy the change of pace. I think that my kids will too!

No comments: