Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day Hooray!

Thank you all for your love and support on this first day of first grade! The boys had an absolute ball! (I do have a first day of school picture, but it was taken with my teaching partner's camera as ours is down for the count. I will add it to this page as soon as I get it!) M was Super Dad as he brought all three of our children to school this morning as I had to be there early.

B did well leaving with her babysitter. (We are absolutely loving her! She is such a blessing from God!) They played and played all day.

I have to remember that every first day of teaching is exhausting. Sometimes I think that I will fly through with gobs of energy, but then I hit a wall! :) My students were absolutely amazing...little sponges soaking in all of the information I was giving them. Tomorrow we will have more of a normal day as we will begin our math and Bible curriculum. I'm excited to get started! I have so much that I want to teach them this year!

I arrived home around 5:30 this evening and pulled up to our mailbox (a few houses down the street). I sat there contemplating what I could cook for dinner. Just then I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw a "pizza guy" parked in front of our house. "There must be a mistake." After checking the mail, I drove home and spoke to him as he was getting out of his car. Sure enough, he was at the correct address. He handed me the two boxes (with a card on top) and said that it was already paid for! My Sonshine Buddy (secret pal) had ordered a pizza for our family on this first day of school. The card read, "Sit down, put your feet up, and relax." I cried and cried when I realized the magnitude of this gift! What an amazing school! :) What an amazing God to put me exactly where He wanted me to be!

Thank you for your continued prayer! This first week is absolutely exhausting, but full of blessings! Please pray that I will be the teacher that each of my students need me to be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi--Way to go Andrew!!! When your Mom says she's proud of you, that is so great. Mom's don't want us to get "swelled" heads! Good for you dude! And accepting Jesus into your heart is sooooooo huge! Welcome into the family of Christ!

Kristi, I loved the story about the pizza, that made me cry too! What a wonderful friend.

Have a great Labor Day weekend.
Karen