Tuesday, August 21, 2007

So Proud...


I just need to share how absolutely proud I am of A. He has been an absolute joy to have in my class! Today when I went out to pick up my class from their morning recess, the yard duty came up and told me that she needed to talk to me about my son...uh-oh...that sometimes makes the hairs stand up on the back of a mommy's neck. :) Instead of telling me what I was dreading to hear, she told me how A had blessed her during recess. She was picking up garbage around the playground and picnic table area and our little A volunteered to help out! Way to go, buddy! He has been doing so well the first two days of school. I am really impressed. His reading has improved SO much this summer as well. I tested him today (in order to place my students in reading groups) and he FAR surpassed my expectations of his current reading level. I was actually BLOWN away!


We were sitting together in the living room this evening and he began to tell me the story of how he asked Jesus into his heart at Sunday School. It was absolutely precious. He told me that he would like to be "babatized". I am one proud mommy!


Please continue to pray for me as I teach my precious son, but know that God has done a MIGHTY work in him this summer!

No comments: