Saturday, August 18, 2007

Oh What A Day!

For those of you who have had days like these...

Everything started out perfectly. All three of our children joined us for some snuggle buggle time in our large King-sized bed this morning. This amazing activity has not happened in quite a long time due to the craziness in our lives. It was pure heaven! We all decided to rise and get breakfast going with our little one signing "milk" over and over. :)

My husband decided to go for a motorcycle ride (something he has not done in far too long), which left me at home with my beautiful children. We played and laughed and got ready together - something else that I SO took for granted before going back to work. M returned to allow me to take Z to his class "Welcome Back To School" party at a new friend's house. He had a BALL!

Once the party was over, the plan was for me to go to my classroom to get some lesson planning accomplished. I had been there for about 1/2 hour when M called me on my cell phone saying that B had fallen and he was having a hard time consoling her. So I gathered my things up in my arms and ran out the door. In my haste, I threw my bottle of Diet Pepsi into my purse (not realizing that the lid was not all of the way on). You can guess the rest. By the time I arrived home, my purse had a pool of Diet Pepsi in the bottom of it...everything (but my wallet and cell phone) was soaked! This included our digital camera!!!! I dropped my purse at the front door and ran in to see to B. She was very upset as daddy had put a band aid right under her eye (she's not too fond of band aids). I held her and loved her and handed the dripping camera to my WONDERFUL husband. (We still do not know the fate of our camera...will it dry out and be functional, will we need to send it in for repair, is it a lost cause?)

M then left to go to church to hang a banner that needed to be in place. I began making dinner. While I was doing so, our little B let out a scream right behind me. Z was heading out to the garage and got B's hand in the door. Poor thing! This was the worst day of her short little life! I ran it under cold water while I prayed. Could anything else happen, please Lord, NO! :)

My dear A thought that it would be funny to pretend that his fingers were in the door and so he found himself placed over in the "naughty spot" to think about that for a while. As he was sitting there, part of our chair (that is being taken to be fixed) fell over onto him. He let out a sharp scream and then continued to cry. He was easily consoled, startled not hurt.

Fortunately, the dominoes stopped falling about that time. M had just returned from his errand and dinner was almost ready.

So we sat down and Z prayed before we enjoyed our delicious meal. He thanked God that we could all sit down together to eat dinner. THAT is what makes a WONDERFUL day.

**Note: You may have noticed that I used initials throughout this BLOG. I have copied a very dear friend of mine who does the same since this is open to the public. We want to protect our family, but still want to share with you, our family and friends! (Fortunately, we all have different initials so it should be easy to follow!)

Please continue to leave comments here on this site (I am able to read them) or send an email!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI,
When we are the busiest, that seems to be the time things fall apart. But focusing on the positive and praying always helps.
Hope your year is wonderful and your students are great too. Your preperations will make focusing on the kids easier. May all go well.
Karen