Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Conversation with a Three Year Old

Little B has been fascinated with letters! We have been doing a lot of writing and spelling aloud lately. This makes me struggle with the idea of when to start her in Kindergarten. I thought about waiting until she was five going on six, but I'm not sure if she will make it two more years without beginning...we'll see.

Last night we were sitting on the couch spelling together. I asked her to spell her name out loud. She did without even hesitating and then asked me to spell all of her family members' names. She would then comment on which ones shared letters with her name! Too crazy.

We then headed to her bed for tuck-in and some song singing. As I was singing her favorite song, she plugged my nose. This was our conversation.

Little B: Snow!

Mommy: What?

Little B then blew through her nose while still pinching mine.

Mommy: Oh! Blow!

Little B: No, Mommy! Snow! A-S-T, Snow!

No comments: