Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Wonderful Husband

I have realized that I do not blog about myself or my husband all that often. I tend to blog about our children! While our children are wonderful and amazing, so is my husband! So, I wanted to take some time today to write a little bit about my best friend.


M has been working a lot lately providing for our family and working on his health! His work schedule is busy, busy, busy. When he is not driving the bus for B-Line, he is delivering safes for his store. When he is not delivering safes for his store, he is driving the bus for B-Line and so on.

On that rare event that he has some time off (no deliveries scheduled for example), you can find him on his bike. No, not his motorcycle, his bicycle. He has been riding his bike to work almost every day. During his lunch break, he will often ride out to Durham or another desitnation. He has also been riding in many local bike rides. One in Gridley (60 miles), in Chico (65 miles with some climbing), in Redding (65 miles with 4000 feet of climbing), and in July he will be riding in my hometown (100 miles with a lot of climbing). Part of me thinks that he is crazy, but the other part is just so proud. He has lost 50 pounds because of his effort! Go, honey!


But, he doesn't just work and ride his bike. He is also an amazing daddy and husband. A few weekends ago, I traveled to Sacramento to spend the day with two of my dear friends. M stayed home with our children so that I could be gone for the whole day. When I returned from my great girl time, I walked in the door to a new home. M had cleaned the entire house from floor to ceiling (it seemed), he weeded our planter box, made the beds, cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the kitchen, did the floors, all of the laundry, and dinner was on the table! I took a picture of our dinner table. Needless to say, I cried. :) I couldn't believe all he had accomplished in one day when I am lucky to do a few of those things. I was incredibly humbled and blessed.


God knew what I needed when He created my husband. I am just so blessed to have found him!

1 comment:

Cindy Lee Jones said...

That is so fantastic! Congrats to your hubby on his weight loss. I need to get Greg back to the gym with me, I keep reminding him how important it is to exercise, I'm certain that is a large part of how I conquered Fibromyalgia.