Thursday, June 11, 2009

Paint, Paint, and More Paint

I have to admit that I am not a fan of messy projects. Who gets to clean up the fun? Me! But today I was finally ready to tackle the long-awaited "painting day". Dear friends of ours donated all of their painting supplies to us (quite a while ago). They have been sitting and waiting and waiting and waiting. Today we set up the easel, made a makeshift easel for Little B, poured the paint, gathered the paintbrushes, and grabbed the camera.


Let's PAINT!






My children had SO much fun! Why didn't we do this sooner? The answer to that question came to me as we were cleaning up. (But I have to admit that it was COMPLETELY worth it!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the kind of stuff that adds volumes of influence to your kids futures. right on KJ! next, bring on the clay! way to go! - Luke in Napa

Anonymous said...

Yay! You did it Kristi! The paints have been released, used AND cleaned up, and you survived! Way to go, girl!

Just kidding...I am so glad that you got the paints out and are enjoying them. I am going to do the same with the art things we still have.

So you will have some amazing pieces to frame, laminate or enter into an art contest!