Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Latest Little B-isms...

I have found that Little B just loves working with letters, numbers, and sign language. It makes this mommy's heart so happy! Last night we were holding up fingers and asking, "How many fingers am I holding up?" I love that she can look at my fingers and know without counting them! When it was her turn, she held up one finger first and then got silly and started holding her fingers up in ways to try to trick me. She held up her thumb and her pointer finger. I said, "TWO!" Little B's reply, "No, it's an L, silly!"

In our home, the word stupid is a no-no. For some reason Little B just loves this word! She finds it in almost all movies/shows and catches all of us if we happen to say it. She will either gasp and say, "You said the s-word" or "You said stu-pid" with a lot of emphasis. The biggest offender is my grandma by far. She is the first to admit this, so I thought that it would be ok to "tattle" on her in this post. The other day someone said "the s-word". Little B responded by saying, "You can't say stu-pid! Only grandma can say stu-pid!" Oh boy...

While riding her big girl bike, Little B was speeding right along. All of a sudden, she pressed down hard on the brakes and came to a quick stop while squealing. "A bug!" Thinking that she was afraid, I ran over to her spot on the sidewalk to inspect. Before I could say anything she finished, "My favorite bug!" She hopped off her bike and picked up the little rolly-polly (or pill bug) that she had spotted. No fear there!

No comments: